There are five registered facilities under the jurisdiction of the Crawford County General Health District. These are all small Class IV facilities that only take yard waste. As part of being an Ohio EPA approved Solid Waste District, our office inspects these facilities annually.
The facilities in Crawford County are:
- Crawford County/Santek Yard Waste – located at the landfill – 5128 Lincoln Hwy.
- Galion City - located on Taylor Road, Galion
- Bucyrus City - located at the Wastewater Treatment Plant on Southern Ave., Bucyrus
- New Washington Village - located off of S. Center St., New Washington
- Oberlanders Tree & Landscape – 1874 E. Mansfield St., Bucyrus
The rules governing composting facilities can be found at: Ohio EPA Compost Program Website
A Class IV composting facility can only accept source separated yard wastes. Yard waste refers to the following:
- tree trunks & stumps
- grass clippings
- garden waste
- holiday trees
- prunings from trees or shrubs
An individual facility can determine what they are willing to accept from the list above. You will need to contact that individual facility for more information.